How will I receive my earnings?
Finders Keepers is excited to start using PayPal payments to direct deposit your earnings after our sale event. PayPal payments will be in lieu of paper checks. We are making this change for several reasons: reducing check printing costs, expedited availability of funds to the consignor, and avoiding checks lost in the mail. We pay all the fees involved, it will not cost the consignor anything, and you get your funds faster and easier! Once you receive your sale earnings, you can transfer the money directly into your personal bank account, use your PayPal debit card, or use your PayPal account balance with thousands of online merchants. You can even link your PayPal account to your digital wallet via Google Pay or Samsung Pay!
When will I receive my earnings?
You will receive an email within 3 days of the end of the sale event that we have sent you a payment. Our goal is to make these funds available to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience!
What do I need to do?
Make sure the email listed in your Consignor Account is the SAME or LINKED TO the email associated with your PayPal account. Think of PayPal as being your bank and your PayPal address is your account number. This information absolutely must be correct in order to receive your funds! Additionally, your PayPal account must be verified! You can verify your account by either adding and confirming a bank account or applying for and being approved for a PayPal Credit product (if you have any trouble with account verification, please reach out to PayPal directly via the PayPal customer service info at the bottom of this page).
How can I tell if my account is verified?
If you have a PayPal credit card or you’ve previously linked and confirmed your bank account, you are all set! If you have not done so, sign into PayPal and click the Wallet tab (or if you are on a mobile device, click Menu in the top left corner > Wallet). Under Payment Methods, click on your bank account to view the status. If it states “Confirmed,” you are ready to go. If not, please click on the link below for information on confirming your bank account.
How do I sign up a PayPal account?
1. Go to paypal.com, and click on Sign Up.
2. Create a personal account by supplying your email address. If you are using an email different than your consignor email, see the section above for how to link your consignor email.
3. After creating your account, verify the account via email to get started.
Can I opt for a paper check?
If you do not have a PayPal account, or the email we have on file for you is not the one associated with your PayPal account, you will receive an email stating that money is available for you to claim. Simply click the link in the email and follow the instructions to claim it. Please email us at email@example.com and we can cancel your PayPal payment. We will then issue a check via our financial institution’s Bill Pay program. The bank will issue and mail a check to the address we have on file. You can check the address we have on file in the Consignor Homepage. It may take up to 10 business days to receive your check through the mail. Claiming it through PayPal is a much easier and faster way to get your money.
I see my funds in my PayPal account, but how do I get them to my bank account?
Please see the following PayPal help articles for information on transferring PayPal funds to your bank account. PayPal offers various options for instant transfers for a fee; however, standard transfers that take about 1 day are FREE.
I’m having trouble with my PayPal account. Help!
Click here to be re-directed to PayPal’s Frequently Asked Questions. Alternatively, you can call PayPal Customer Service at 1-888-221-1161 during their operating hours.
- Place consignor number on all items if possible, especially toys and sets that have multiple pieces (use masking tapes or small labels).
- Secure loose/small toy items in bags and tape shut.
- All electronic toys must be working with batteries installed.
- When compiling clothing sets, make sure both items are the SAME size.
- Price to sell and discount items to 50% on Saturday, when possible!
- Choose correct colored card for your tagging, including toys, books, DVDs, puzzles, etc. (WHITE cards indicate “donate;” COLORED cards indicate “return to consignor”).
- Use zipties to secure shoes.